Thursday, March 10, 2005

You say you want a revolution....

The Grey Sweatsuit Revolution. Now this is a revolution i could really get behind. In their manifesto, the Grey Sweatsuit Collective opine
The battle against fashion needs to be fought differently. We cannot simply dress weirder than the mainstream in an attempt dull our sense of complicity with western consumer society.

...The grey sweatsuit is our Trojan horse. We create a street trend, a visible statement, the system co-opts it without understanding it’s significance and then... BAM! Grey sweatsuits all up in the area! Our symbolism spreads like anthrax across the anorexic bodies of fashionistas everywhere! They look frantically for the next trend but there is nothing. Only grey sweatsuits. What’s hot for next season? How about the death of your vanity?


This is the greatest thing that could ever happen (to me). For those of you who don't know, i have affectionately been referred to as 'the most comfortable person you know', but what that means is that i am a slob. I have been trying to enact my own pyjama revolution for years now, but i can see that the Grey Sweatsuit Revolution is about more than just comfort. It is truly a statement. And while i would prefer a Navy Blue Sweatsuit Revolution, that would only feed my vanity (blue makes my eyes look good).

So i don't know about you, but i am going out right now to get a sweatsuit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly said...

Hmmm, this could work for me. I have approximately 5000 sweatsuits left over from my maternity leave.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, god forbid!! then we would have to be concerned with who we are inside. praise the fashoin gods that my sacarsm and skepticism, or basically my general bitchiness, can be covered by adorable new teal sweater! ;)
Thanks for the link PhDiva, enjoyed your post.
-cadence

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://otimfwzy.com/ucrr/rptr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gwmlqpkm.com/wtoc/zdml.html]Cool site[/url]

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://otimfwzy.com/ucrr/rptr.html | http://wwdxjvwj.com/eqzp/tgmy.html

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home