Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Oh Canada

The Canadian flag has got to be one of the most recognizable flags in the world. I am saying this just because i am Canadian? Perhaps. But the fact remains that proud Canadians and ashamed Americans wear our flag on their backpacks as they travel the world. Yes, i too am guilty of this one act of patriotic excess. And it is nice when someone sees your flag and comments on something nice about Canada. However, the amazing part is that the Canadian flag is only 40 years old. Or should i say young. Yes, forty years ago yesterday, February 15 1965, the Canadian flag as we know it was first raised in Kingston by the Right Honourable Lester B. Pearson himself.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, well remember the day!! The new flag caused some contraversy in our extended family, as the matriarch, a stanch conservative, was excessively annoyed when her grandson DARED to bring the new flag to a family gathering!! Oh for simpler times!!! The matriarch was your great grandmother and the grandson was Kent.

11:59 AM  
Blogger kats blog said...

Hey nice blog, really nice! I just want to let you know I have an travel holland
site - blog too!
It's a free information site with tips and secrets for saving big money on your next vacation!

It mostly deals with travel holland plus other stuff
You Can Save Up to 50% off your next vacation
You Should check it out if you get the chance :-)

9:25 PM  
Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching around for fresh information
for my cc Infopage.
This website contains 30,000 Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog. I hope you enjoy "Blogging" as much as I do.

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
http://www.infopage.cc

Today's Tip: Visit cc Infopage about google

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating insight into africa travel I founf something related to that here africa travel

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting discussion on niagara falls canada hotel I have a related blog here niagara falls canada hotel

12:52 AM  
Blogger Richard K said...

Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a australia travel site/blog. It pretty much covers australia travel related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://pjwrmgzs.com/naqc/vsbf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fzsyjieq.com/haiq/msjs.html]Cool site[/url]

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://pjwrmgzs.com/naqc/vsbf.html | http://zvkgdmim.com/wkjy/ypss.html

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home