Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Totalitarianism - the sunny side

Yes, it has been a while since i have posted, but i think that is part of my newly envisioned blog - you never know when you will here from me.

Right now i am on the middle of moving hell - packing. I cannot believe how much i have packed, and when i look around there is still so much more to go. When will it end i ask you.

Me being me, ther are a ton of books to pack. No surprise there. God i feel sorry for the movers. I am already upto 20 boxes and that's just the living room. But here come my newest pet peeve. Why aren't all books the same size? If we lived in a bibliomanical totalitarian society they might be. Or at least they would have a few standard sizes that conveniently fit into boxes. Ok, true enough, the trade paperback invasion of the mid '90's did solve the problem to a certain extent. But really trade paper backs come in about 3 sizes and i can handle that. What really gets me are the books that are an odd shape and size for no apparent reason. Yes, it may make your book look interesting in the store, but it will forever messy up the symmetry of my book shelves and drive me mental when packing. Do even got me started on cook books. They are the worst culprits of all. Out of our 20-30 some odd cook books, i don't think any are the same size! What's going on here? Let's try a little standardization before i move again, if i ever move again!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new blog format. Nothing worse than self-serving blogs. Or blogging because you like the sound of your own blog voice. Or blogging for the sake of blogging. You had something to say, and you said it. Good job.

I too hate the un-uniformity of cook books.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home