Thursday, August 12, 2004

Game Plan

So today i have to get down to some serious work! For the past two days i haven't been feeling that well. Really bad headache and overall blahness. I think i had the flu or something. I could not stay awake to save my life (or read a novel!). But i feel like i am back in the game now, and have to make up for lost time!

I have to come up with a game plan for the great 3 day dissertation race that starts on Monday. I know that i will be trying to complete, at least in the rough, one chapter. It will be on place and memory. I think i will try to work at least some of the time at the library at school as long as it is not too hot. (Why are all of the libraries on campus like ovens?) Also i have decided that i am not going to work 24 hours a day, but more like 12. If anyone needs their beauty sleep it is me! Between now and Monday i should piece together at least a rough outline of what i will write. But i would also like to catch up on the work i didn't finish in the last two days. What to do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I am in the race. I will, uh, attempt to carve out a chapter on, roughly, the effect of viscous remenant magnetization on the detection capabilities of electromagnetic sensors. As with many science theses, the cruxes will be the sections where some actual writing skill is required: conclusion and introduction. Easy to say that the red line is straight. Difficult to produce convincing argument why anyone should give a flying F.

As far as how the race will go I will refer to some old millworking colleagues. As they would say in grinder room 4, "you'll come in stinking like shit, and leave smelling like a rose".

futomaki

p.s. Speaking of futomaki, I would gladly discuss the race over some sushi...

3:57 PM  
Blogger PhDiva said...

Kanichiwa Futo! (no i am not watching D.C.)
My feeling is that you will not be able to participate in the 3 day dissertation with me. I bet you're lover will be back in town by then and your priorities will shift. After all, if it weren't for shifting priorities, wouldn't we both be done by now?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home