Monday, July 05, 2004

To be PhinisheD or not to be PhinisheD, that is the question. Right now i am struggling with a descision about whether or not to finish the damn diss. Looking at it in all honesty i will not be finished in the fall, so can i gone with this misery? If so, for how long and will it be long enough. When i think about not having a diss in my life i feel absolutley free and happy, but with it in my life i feel weighed down all the time. And it is really starting to take its toll on my mental and physical health. Carpal Tunnel syndrome is a serious affliction, you know. Just ask Mr. Futo Maki. So that is where i sit and the wieght of this descision may keep me from writing for a while. On the other hand, it may make me write more. Who knows.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BPHD* You've really got a diPHicult one. Your well being is the important thing. With consideration, you can't make a bad decision. It's what's best for you.
*big f_ _ _ decision

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carpal tunnel syndrome. Ouch. I feel for you.

Only you can decide about your dissertation but do be aware that you might just be going through a bad patch. How long have you got left? If it's only a year I would stick with it if I were you.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does a PhD make one more intelligent? compassionate? empathetic? a better friend?

You have come a long way - given time, the correct path will appear, and you won't have to make a decision.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

konichiwa, bitches (this is a david chappelle reference and not an actual comment on yourself and your viewership).

Yup, Carpal Tunnel syndrome is a serious affliction... as serious as deciding to "pull the 'chute" on grad school. I've been impressed with your ability to maintain some semblance of research focus given a doctoral thesis committee that, from my perspective and limited info, would have been better carved out of a bunch of bananas. I tend to drift in and out of research consciousness, even with the unbelievable support I receive from my super and the aussie and others (you know who you are).

Is one more year tolerable? Should you quit? Who knows, eh? Should a person with zero insight be allowed to post on this blog? Probably not, but who is going to stop me?

Futomaki

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does VOR have to say?

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://yaichbbx.com/epvm/doam.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rtqfyzto.com/mcdn/jamj.html]Cool site[/url]

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://yaichbbx.com/epvm/doam.html | http://ldhfsqol.com/uajm/pwqn.html

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home