Monday, June 14, 2004

Read anything good lately? I have hit a bit of a dry spot when it comes to reading. I just finished ORYX AND CRAKE by Atwood. I have directed you to the UK website because it is way cooler.

So what did i think about this futuristic saga? Well for one thing, it is possible. This time Atwood touches a little too close to how the future could actually turn out, making this more horror than fiction.

I can't say this was my favorite Atwood, but i hold her in pretty high regard. Probably if it had been written by someone else i would have been blown away, but from HER i expect more.

1 Comments:

Blogger scarbie doll said...

Also just read Oryx and Crake. Was a bit obsessed with it actually. Kinda got under my skin. I like how she gives you a bit of info at a time so that you keep guessing and wondering and turning pages. However, did not feel that all my questions were answered at the end. And the ending itself was abrupt. But an easy read nonetheless.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home