Sunday, April 04, 2004

Sorry about the delay in correspondence. I went down to Seats this weekend for a conference on Indian cinema. Yes it is true, there is scholarly discourse on the spicy mix of love, sorrow, marriage and redemption of Bollywood's best. Don't even get me started on the dancing!

I recently read PATTERN RECOGNITION by William Gibson. Now i am not normally a Gibson reader. I am not a fan of sci-fi, but the Brain told me i had to read this book and it was great. Now for all you NEUROMANCER and IDORU fans out there, i must warn you that this novel goes in a bit aof a different vein. It is set, roughly speaking, in the present and involves the serch for the creator of some web distributed film clips. More than a gripping adventure, it is an insightful commentary of the perils and pleasures of living in the internet age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home