Tuesday, August 26, 2003

it's been a long time coming....

It has been quite some time since i last blogged. I would like to be able to say that it is because i have been writing the Dis like mad, but that would be lying. Instead i have just been very busy.

Saturday i had a brand new experience - horse racing. We were invited to go to the track as VIPs for some Diamonds club thing. Private box, food and bevies. As it turns out, i think i will be giving up my PhD and just start going to the track everyday. I was on fire. Everything i bet on won. I took my mom's advice (who'd of thought that my mom would have betting advice!) and bet on the jockey not the horse. Wise words. I only ever made $2 bets, so i never really won alot, but on the other hand i didn't loose anything, which is more than i can say for some.

Sunday i devised the ultimate avoiding work plan. There is a guy from the Brain's company visiting from South Africa, so i volunteered us to show him a good time. Very selfless of me, i would say. We went mountain-ward and had a good day. We ended the day with some artic char, a first for me - yum! Maybe that's why the Brain spends so much time north of 60.

Current Reads
I am trying to cut back, but like any addiction, it is harder than it looks. I read ALL FAMILIES ARE PSYCHOTIC by Douglas Coupland. It made my family look pretty boring by comparison. I like it much better than most of his more recent books like GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA. I recommend it if you like his writing.

Just to appease those who keep on eye on my work progress, i also read an ethnography of aging in Banaras. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home