Friday, August 08, 2003

How does your garden grow?

My garden is coming along quite nicely, thank you very much. It is my little tribute to Gus, my sadly departed landlord. He always had the most amazing garden, of course he spent about 8 hours a day out there. I have given up on the flower gardens - nothing but roses. Everyone says roses are hard to grow, and while they did much better when Gus was around, they do pretty well with me in charge. I guess it is from years of conditioning.

It is my vegetable garden that really impresses me. It is small, but very managable for one such as me. I figure that if each tomato plant produces 12 tomatoes each that will give us about 50 tomatoes!!! Don't worry, some of those are cherry tomoatoes. I hope they are ready by the time Mushroom and the Flash come to visit at the end of August. Everything in my garden is running a little bit behind schedule since i got it in late. Some nay sayers, like the Hippie Chick thought i was doomed to fail, well i've showed her! One of my cucumbers is bigger than my thumb. But i have small thumbs. I would say it is the size of the Brain's thumb, ie/ the size of an average man's thumb.

I think you can tell from the scattered nature of this post how excited i am about the garden. Yipee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home